Saturday, June 6, 2009

vmware internet connection

I'm not sure why, but the internet connection within the vmware fusion virtual image died. I tried everythng I could think of. I disconnected and reconnected it within the app, I restarted the guest operating system (Windows 2003 Advanced Server). I'm sure I tried some other things, but I can't think of them right now.

I also brought over another virtual image that I know had a connection to the net on this mac as well as on the pc. It didn't work either. So it had to either be the mac or the vmware fusion app, not the image.

I just restarted the mac for the first time since I got it.

That fixed it.

So the cool thing is that I haven't had to restart the mac. The uncool thing is that restarting it clearly fixed the NAT issue vmware was encountering.


No comments:

Post a Comment