Tuesday, June 23, 2009

iPhone 3 upgrade

I upgraded to the iPhone 3.0 software today for my iPhone 3G (not S). It was painless. Apple really does that well. When iTunes is loaded and your iPhone is connected you get prompted to donwload and install the upgrade. I waited until I heard a few success stories before upgrading.

I have upgraded several times now--before now it was always on Windows, which was also painless.

I'm looking forward to using the new features. My favorite so far is spotlight--the new global search capability. A very close second is the universal landscape mode--having to slide emails back and forth to read them at a reasonable font size was annoying. I'm also thrilled about copy & paste, but I haven't made use of it yet.

Thanks apple, for continuing to make these things beautiful, functional, and unpainful.

No comments:

Post a Comment