Friday, June 5, 2009

email

It turns out that Microsoft Outlook post office files (PST files) aren't supported by Microsoft Entourage. Brilliant, Microsoft. Thanks for all your support.

And even if you search for "can i move outlook pst files to entourage?" or anything similar to that, you don't even find a microsoft.com page among the search results.

Here was the most helpful (i.e. direct) info I got:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/import_export/pst.html

But it turns out you can buy a program that you can install inside of Outlook to convert the subfolders one by one from Outlook to MBOX format, then you can copy them over to your Mac on a thumb drive, then you can install them in Entourage by drag-n-drop, and then you can re-organize them there.

That's great. I probably have 150 subfolders in my current Outlook PST. And then I have I think 6 archive PST's to convert, going back several years.

I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment