Wednesday, June 17, 2009

sound asleep

The MBP is sleeping again. I'm still not sure exactly what caused the problem. It was a real problem, though. I packed it up and put it in the car. When I got home and stopped the car I could still hear a motor running. It was the fan on the MBP in the bag.

I stopped the programs one by one. Then it could get back to sleep. I'm not sure which program was the culprit, but I have my suspicions. When I quit Entourage it raised a strange error:
It still didn't sleep, though, after Entourage. At least not immediately. But it's sleeping now. I need to be able to depend on the computer going to sleep. If I have to get rid of Entourage to make that work I will.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if it was Entourage. I don't know how much confidence I have in microsoft writing software on the apple platform. And vice versa. There are lots of quirks in iTunes for Windows, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment