Wednesday, May 27, 2009

kinky

Well, I have to report the good and the bad.

There was a fly in my order's ointment.

I either forgot to add Microsoft Office 2008 - Special Media Edition to my order or else somehow the cart dropped it. I wouldn't hold it against the cart to drop it in all the confusion. There's only so much a shopping cart can take after all. I probably priced that system out, including software and accessories, about...hmm...30 times?

I wasn't sure it had actually been omitted. After all, it is a Microsoft product, not an Apple product, so I thought maybe it would come on a separate invoice. So I decided to call order support. Not exactly glad I did that, but hey, it was an experience.

I spent an hour on the phone with Regina, who (after considerable effort):
a. Found Office 2008 – Special Media Edition
b. Found that it was indeed 50% off ($250 savings)
c. Added it to my existing order

I confirmed that the correct amounts were on my credit card as pending transactions and also that my order had been updated on my apple store order status page. So I feel reasonably confident in it.

But an HOUR to do this? It wasn't like it was hard. I can walk anyone through the process of adding the system, adding Office, and seeing the total price after discount in about...hmmm...30 seconds?

Anyway, I think it's resolved after she checked and double-checked and verified and double-checked with her supervisor and checked again and verified again and made the change and verified it before committing it after finally seeing what I had seen and relayed to her.

So a minor butt ache from the kink in the system, but now I'm watching the mailbox like a hawk for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment